“Teaching with the Brain in Mind” workshop
Feb 15-20 (Newport Beach-CA)
You might have experienced some very cold temps in the last few weeks. Cognitively, brains work best in cooler (but not cold) temperatures. But the rest of our body sure likes it a bit warmer.
If you were thinking of “warming up” to some “very hot” learning, I’ve got something pretty amazing for you, and it’s in a warm place!
In fact, you can get a huge savings on your hotel where the winter rates are slashed-but not for long.
Our Amazing, Newly Revised 6-Day Program:
You Get 1st Class Brain-Based Teaching, Plus…
Astonishing Student Achievement, 100% Scientific,
100% Research Based, and Guaranteed.
And, it’s Classroom-Proven!
I do this amazing course only twice a year. It’s the world’s “gold standard” for brain-based learning. Fortunately, you can add exciting, fresh new content (AND MAXIMUM STRATEGIES) into your skill set.
This workshop is an enriching, high energy, research-based, team-working experience. The heart and soul of this program is joyful immersion. Learn with like-minded people, in an optimal environment, with state-of-the-art resources and a first-class facilitator.
You can expect inspiration, camaraderie and potent, roll-up your sleeves ideas that will last for years.
Oh wait… Did I mention you’ll get to ask questions of a world-renowned neuroscientist in person? You will. But it gets even better… but first:
What is Brain-Based Learning? You may be shocked to find out! Not 1 in 1000 Educators REALLY Knows!
Unfortunately, most educators think brain-based learning is simply knowing about axons, dendrites and synapses. That’s “old school” and it’s ridiculous! Brain-based learning is the process of thoughtfully implementing purposeful strategies based on research derived from a synergy of sizzling cutting-edge disciplines. They include, but are not limited to: cognitive neuroscience, chemistry, nutrition, social neurosciences, biology, pharmacology, computational sciences, quantum systems thinking, and artificial intelligence modeling.
More has been discovered about the brain and mind in the last 20 years than in all of recorded history. Yet, most teachers have no clear understanding of how the brain learns, remembers and behaves except on a superficial basis. Sadly, this lack of knowledge leaves the average educator with an education formulated in, and designed for, the last century. But there’s hope.
When you attend a Jensen Learning program, you’ll discover the genuine “Brain-based Learning” in a completely new way.
Your presenter, Eric Jensen is a twenty-year veteran of the brain-based field. He’s trained more people, written more books and innovated more than anyone in the field. Every principle, every idea and strategy is role-modeled so you can see it, hear it and feel HOW it works.
“(This workshop is) way better, more useful than most graduate courses.” -R.Z. Vernon, NJ
This program is literally, teaching with the brain in mind. It is purposeful, dynamic and easy to implement. The scientific, research-based teaching that BBL advocates involves the use of ten fundamental brain-mind principles. Each of these has been well supported by rigorous, quality scientific studies. These principles are revealed to you through activities, case study, lectures, video and discussion. Each of these principles is so powerful, that implementing even half of them will make a mind-blowing difference in your work.
But don’t take my word for it. Listen to what one of our participants has said…
“I took your workshop a couple of years ago and have been training other teachers. I had just turned around another group of skeptical teachers. As we were packing up, my new training partner said, “OK, it works. I was skeptical and didn’t agree with all the things you were doing, but I’m convinced that it makes a huge difference.” She never questioned what I was doing after that. She just began questioning why so she could understand it better too.” B. Felip, Trenton, NJ
This program is a dynamic overview of Eric Jensen’s revised book Teaching with the Brain in Mind. This course provides specific, practical brain-compatible strategies for all educators. All teachers influence their students. Now you can discover what it takes for students to acquire complex learning and achieve their best. You’ll want to learn these essential rules for how our brain works.
Here’s what you can expect…
Curriculum and Course Outline
This remarkable 6-day, hands-on, experiential training explores both how the brain learns and the specific, practical applications of that knowledge. This program reveals powerful information, paired with usable skills and action steps.
Enjoy the week with Eric Jensen using a variety of learning techniques: video, guest speakers, brainstorming, lecture, paired sharing, field trips and reflection time.
Brain research applied to education is no longer an experiment. It’s been a trend for over 20 years and it’s not going away. You can add this exciting new content into your skill set or fall behind while your students, the new research and latest technology pass you by.
1. Our Memory and Recall- Why do students forget so much? Can brain research guide our teaching? How do students remember? Why do they recall some things and not others? Why do they forget what they just learned yesterday? What strategies can enhance memory? You’ll learn from a top expert!
2. The Cognitive Brain– Discover the rules we learn by. Improve cognition and complex learning. Recognize the critical guidelines that drive learning. Realize what deepens learning and what makes it last.
3. The Unique Brain– Learn what makes us different. Learn how we learn differently. Why Gender Matters: The Educational Relevance of Innate Sex Differences. Gain differentiated instructional strategies you can use right away. Find out how much brains really differ!
4. The Emotional Brain– Discover how the brain creates and processes emotions. What are the effects of emotion on learning? How can you influence student emotions? How can you improve learning, even when students don’t feel like it?
5. Environments– How do physical environments affect our brain? What are three simple things every teacher can do to boost learning in the classroom environment?
6. Changing the Brain– Learn how to maximize learning. Identify what improves the brain. Unravel 40+ years of research. How has the brain changed? What do these changes mean? How can you influence brains in the classroom? What fosters intelligence and better learner capabilities?
7. The Mind/Body Connection– Nutrition plus emotional and physical states drive learning, but how do you read and influence them? How does the brain process emotion? When and why are activities positive? Learn how nutrition drives achievement in the brain.
8. The Social Brain– What factors drive social learning? What should you do differently in your classroom? How can you more effectively encourage student-to-student interaction?
9. Stress/Threat– Stress and threat are the most important mediators of learning and behavior. How do you recognize the signs and what can you do to limit stress and threat? In what ways does the brain respond differently to stress vs. distress and even threat? How can you better orchestrate appropriate learner stress? In what ways does distress affect cognition and memory?
10. Curriculum Connections– Connect brain-based learning with technology, arts, music, physical education (PE), math, science and other curriculum. This program explores the research behind the brain in curriculum. What can you learn from the developmental, social and emotion angle?
11. BONUS. The Changing School (Bringing the course back to school)- How do humans respond to change? How do you manage students’ and others’ response to change? What are the variables that affect change? What does the research say about how and why educators change and what can you expect?
Here’s what one participant said…
Eric, I want to begin by telling you how much fun I had during the training I did (after attending yours) for our district’s second year teachers a couple of weeks ago. I did the opening each day. I felt so encouraged at the enthusiastic response from my audience. In fact, I almost felt like I had an understanding of what Leno and Letterman must feel. It was great! – I have so far to go, but I know that I am on the right track. Thank you for all you’ve done for me and for making my daily life so much more fun and purposeful at school. I rarely have a student who is not engaged in class any more and my retention rate in my upper division classes is growing each year. In fact, before I began the brain compatible teaching strategies, when I took over at this school, I had 5 kids in my 4th year class. Last year, I had 18 and I have 22 this year…in Great Falls, MT!!! It really is so awesome. If I had an I-pod ready, I’d play “I’m a Believer” right now.” Kathy J. Great Falls, MT
Intended for All K-12 Teachers and Adult Educators
This program is being held in Newport Beach, California. It’s an amazing location: imagine… an ocean view from your hotel room and world-class shopping mall across the street!
Every year a principal in Texas sends all of her newly hired teachers to this course. Why? Proven results. Over the last 10 years, her school scores on the state test have gone from the bottom 25% in the state to the top 25% and it’s now a National Blue-Ribbon school.
Revolutionize curriculum with one of the greatest discoveries in neuroscience in the last 100 years.
Discover the single biggest reason new teachers fail and learn how to correct it on day five. Gain the skills needed to cope and even thrive in today’s changing classroom.
YOUR REGISTRATION GIVES YOU:
* 40 hours of differentiated, idea-packed, quality instruction
* Priceless networking; get countless connections for support in the field; learn from others and gain support
* Idea-packed notebook –practical and full of references* Morning and afternoon beverages –coffee and juice included in the morning, soft drinks and snacks in the afternoon.
* Signed certificate of attendance shows you attended and participated
* Guest speaker… Learn directly from the neuroscientists!
By the way, have you decided to attend yet? I hope so. Go for it, before it’s filled and you have to wait another year. Your future is important and this may insure its success.
Sincerely, Eric Jensen
PO Box 291
38 Kaula Road
Maunaloa, HI 96770