The World Leader in Brain-Based Staff Development For 20 Consecutive Years
1st Class Brain-Based Teaching!
Get Astonishing Student Achievement…
100% Scientific, 100% Research Based
Our signature 6-day event gives you the insider background knowledge,
key skills and practical roadmap for academic success. You will learn how to
successfully understand learning and classroom behavior in a totally new way.
You’ll learn the principles and strategies for positive, practical, brain-based ways
that can skyrocket achievement scores.
Join Us June 17-22, 2013 in San Antonio, TX
Once or twice a year, I gather together the best of what I know, arrange all the resources and put on the best “brain show on earth.”
In short, you can learn to, literally, “Teach with the Brain in Mind” from the author of the best-selling ASCD book, Teaching with the Brain in Mind. And, yes, you can discover the brain’s best-kept learning secrets in one short week and get enough practical strategies for years!
This remarkable 6-day, hands-on, experiential training explores both how the brain learns and the specific, practical applications of that knowledge. This program reveals powerful information, usable skills and action steps, using a variety of differentiated learning techniques.
You’ll get choice, variety and a banquet of learning with video, guest speakers, teamwork, presentations, brainstorming, paired sharing and reflection.
You Get a a Combined 77 Practical, Research-Based Classroom Strategies Ripped From the Headlines of Leading-Edge Neuroscience, In-Depth Program that will Rock Your Teaching!
Attend Teaching With The Brain In Mind with Eric Jensen. The #1 Attended Brain-Based Workshop In The World!
Discover the brain’s best-kept learning secrets in one short week and get enough practical strategies for years!
This leading-edge training gives you:
- The latest research in educational neuroscience, and
- Links it with specific, practical classroom-ready applications that boost student learning.
To succeed everyday with your students, you need the inside principles of “how our brain really works.”
Unlock and activate the brain’s 10 most amazing learning and behavioral rules that not 1 in 1,000 teachers actually know. Learn to teach with, not against how our brain naturally learns.
This is the #1 attended brain-based course in the world for good reason.
- It’s Easy-To-Understand, Fun and Practical
- The Brain is the Wave of the Future
- Find Out What’s New–Keep Up In Your Field
- Upgrade Your Professional Skills
Apply what you learn and you can expect to get consistent classroom miracles! Gain self-confidence and lower your stress with over 101 powerful, easy-to-use learning strategies.
This 6-day, hands-on experiential teacher workshop training explores both how the brain learns and the specific, practical applications of that knowledge. Using video, guest speakers, brainstorming, lecture, paired sharing, field trips and reflection, this program reveals powerful information, usable skills and action steps.
Get on the inside of the cutting-edge brain-based teaching strategies.
Our Amazing Teacher Workshops Get Results!
- Every year a principal in Texas sends all of her newly hired teachers to this course. Why? Proven results; over the last 10 years, her school’s scores on the state test have gone from the bottom 25% to the top 25% and they are now a National Blue-Ribbon school.
- Find out why you’re tired too much of the time and what to do about it. Get high-energy nutrition secrets for teachers who never stop. Get the exact foods list you need in order to be a high-energy person and learn the two things that sap your lifeblood.
- Named one of the greatest discoveries in neuroscience in the last 100 years, it can and should revolutionize curriculum. Learn what it is on day three.
- On day five, discover the single biggest reason new teachers fail… and gain the skills needed to cope and even thrive in today’s changing classrooms.
Take this Program and You Can Expect To:
- Join The “Cutting-Edge” Of 21st Century Learning
- Lower Your Work Stress–Reach More Learners!
- Make A Bigger Difference & Feel Good About It
- Boost Learning, Meaning & Memory Dramatically
This is not a lecture course and not a “touchy-feely” program. If you only want non-stop content, read 100 books instead. This workshop is an enriching, high energy, research-based, team-working experience. The heart and soul of this program is joyful immersion.
Learn with like-minded people, in an optimal environment, with state-of-the-art resources and a first-class facilitator. You can expect inspiration, camaraderie and potent, roll-up your sleeves ideas that will last for years.
- Boosting Learning and Achievement
- Gain New Ways of Thinking and Learning
- Increase Your Market Value
- Learn Easy-to-Apply Teaching & Staff Development Skills
- Discover Potent New Tools to Boost Learning
- Boost Your Own Self-Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Develop The Nuts and Bolts of an Action Plan
Teaching with the Brain in Mind: An Amazing In-Depth Event!
You’ll Teach Smarter, Reach More Students,
and Enjoy Less Work Stress!
Do you have the research and tools you need to work successfully with all students?
Unlock the student brain and discover ways to engage and enliven kids, while reducing your stress and burnout!
Here’s what’s in this amazing “Teaching with the Brain in Mind” workshop:
- Learn the 12 most amazing brain-based principles
- Discover (& remember!) the secrets to accurate
memory & recall
- Find out what drives change in the human brain…
and how to do it!
- Get the inside secrets of how to influence your student’s
- Learn to build a positive social status environment
- Make new friends and enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit team
- Gain dozens of practical tools of engagement for more active classes
- Learn how to use music, arts and physical education
- Find out the near-deadly effects of chronic stress or threat on
learning; even in your own brain!
- See, hear and feel every single idea, strategy or principle role-modeled
(no one else does this like Eric Jensen)
- Get dozens of resources you can see and purchase on the spot.
Discover The Brain’s Best-Kept Learning Secrets
in One Short Week and Get Enough Practical Strategies for Years!
You need the inside principles of how the brain really works, if you want to succeed everyday with your students. In this incomparable workshop, you will:
- Unlock and activate the brain’s 10 most incredible learning and behavioral rules, unknown to most educators
- Learn to teach with, not against, how the brain naturally learns
- Discover the cutting-edge of brain-based learning
The #1 Attended Brain-Based Course in the World for a Reason:
It Works! You Can Make a Real Difference.
Brain research applied to education is no longer an experiment. It’s been a trend for over 25 years and it’s not going away. Harvard University now offers Brain-Based Master’s and Doctoral degrees. You can add this exciting new content (AND STRATEGIES) into your skill set or fall behind. Do not let your students, and the latest research pass you by.
This leading-edge training gives you:
- The latest practical research in educational neuroscience
- Specific, differentiated classroom-ready applications that skyrocket student learning
- Role modeling so you can see, hear and feel HOW the strategies are used to boost classroom success
- Quality, research-based and classroom-proven strategies
Learn from a world leader who knows the material AND role models the application of it right before your eyes.
Up on the latest brain research? You may be surprised at what’s new. But you can fast-forward to the cutting edge of learning.
Here’s a sampling:
INSIGHT #1: Everybody’s on the Mozart bandwagon. But did you know there’s new research that suggests there are two easy-to-use strategies far better than Mozart for improving learning? Find out the real inside information on “music and the brain” on day five of your workshop.
INSIGHT #2: Learn the all-time best strategies for building and embedding lasting memory. You’ll learn these on day two of the workshop. More importantly, we’ll apply them throughout the course to insure you remember key ideas for immediate application.
INSIGHT #3: Find out the world’s twelve most powerful learning principles. Engage these principles and your job stress will be cut in half and results will skyrocket. Find out what they are on day one of this remarkable course.
INSIGHT #4: How do you get 100+ practical strategies? It’s simple. You’ll be in a fever-pitched, sock-hopping milieu of like-minded, learners who generously share tried and true, work-tested ideas. In short, by learning from others, you’ll get more ideas than you can use in a year.
INSIGHT #5: Why less is more when it comes to learning. Everywhere the new standards are in: more and more content is demanded. But something’s wrong–you can push all the content you want but what are the brain’s constraints? And just as importantly, what is the one single subject in which more IS better? In fact, you can triple the content and your learners will soak it up and want more. Discover brain-compatible curriculum secrets on day six.
INSIGHT #6: What’s the #1 STRONGEST influence on learning? Is it genes, past experiences, parents or learning styles? All of those contribute, but surprisingly, none of them are at the top of the list! Find out the answer on day three.
INSIGHT #7: How can you engage your audience every single time? These brain chemicals are key: serotonin, GABA, cortisol, glutamate, norepinephrine and dopamine. These chemicals can be influenced…if you know how. We’ll give you these amazing insider skills and show you how to do it.
INSIGHT #8: Neuroscientists are very explicit about what really enriches the brain. But not one teacher in 1000 knows the most critical factor in making it happen. Learning how to translate that research is the trick. Find out how on day three.
INSIGHT #9: Exercise affects learning many ways–but is it that critical, or just a frill? Find out what the real reason is to exercise at school…the one not being talked about. Why? They’re not up on the latest research. But you will be right on the cutting edge for six fabulous days.
INSIGHT #10: There’s a chemical imbalance in the brain responsible for certain discipline problems. Find out how to impact these chemicals in this amazing training.
Curriculum and Course Outline
- Our Memory and Recall – Why do students forget so much? Can brain research guide our teaching? How do students remember? Why do they recall some things and not others? Why do they forget what they just learned yesterday? What strategies can enhance memory?
- The Cognitive Brain – Discover the rules we learn by. Improve cognition and complex learning. Recognize the critical guidelines that drive learning. Realize what deepens learning and what makes it last.
- The Unique Brain – Learn what makes us different. Learn how we learn differently. Why gender matters: The educational relevance of innate sex differences. Gain differentiated instructional strategies you can use right away. Find out how much brains really differ!
- The Emotional Brain – Discover how the brain creates and processes emotions. What are the effects of emotion on learning? How can you influence student emotions? How can you improve learning, even when students don’t feel like it?
- Environments – How do physical environments affect our brain? What are three simple things every teacher can do to boost learning in the classroom environment?
- Changing the Brain – Learn how to maximize learning. Identify what improves the brain. Unravel 40+ years of research. How has the brain changed? What do these changes mean? How can you influence brains in the classroom? What fosters intelligence and better learner capabilities?
- The Mind/Body Connection – Nutrition plus emotional and physical states drive learning, but how do you read and influence them? How does the brain process emotion? When and why are activities positive? Learn how nutrition drives achievement in the brain.
- The Social Brain – What factors drive social learning? What should you do differently in your classroom? How can you more effectively encourage student-to-student interaction?
- Stress/Threat – Stress and threat are the most important mediators of learning and behavior. How do you recognize the signs and what can you do to limit stress and threat? In what ways does the brain respond differently to stress vs. distress and even threat? How can you better orchestrate appropriate learner stress? In what ways does distress affect cognition and memory?
- Curriculum Connections – Connect brain-based learning with technology, arts, music, physical education (PE), math, science and other curriculum. This program explores the research behind the brain in curriculum. What can you learn from the developmental, social and emotion angle?
- BONUS. The Changing School (Bringing this course back to your school) – How do humans respond to change? How do you manage students’ and others’ response to change? What are the variables that affect change? What does the research say about how and why educators change? What should you know about how to make changes in others?
“This is a great training where you will learn how & why students’ brains work the way they do and great strategies to enhance learning.” P. Hall, Cheyenne, WY
“You will laugh, have fun, make new friends all around the world, learn a ton of information about yourself and how to be more engaging and less sloppy when teaching!” T. Bare, Cheyenne, WY
“You need to take this course to be able to go through the learning experience in “brain-based learnings” classes. One thing is to “study” about it, but another better thing is to “experience” what it is like to learn in a full-time brain-based class.” N. Monte, Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Go! You’ll never look at teaching and learning the same way. It helped clarify my practice and reminded me of the importance of as well showed me new ways of being more purposeful and deliberate throughout my entire day with my students.” B. Perkins, Pittsburgh, PA
“(This workshop is) Better, more useful than most graduate courses.” R.Z. Vernon, NJ
“When you attend this workshop your only regret would be that you did not take it before.” J. Joseph, Trincity, Trinidad and Tobago
“I didn’t know that working memory can be improved! I’m embarrassed and in shock I thought working memory was fixed. I feel like I’ve been doing a disservice to kids. I can’t wait to get back and make some changes.” K. Conley, Madison, WI
“This course is amazing. Get ready to learn practical, effective strategies for learning that you can be implement as soon as you get home!” P. Bentley, Brooklyn, WI
“This is a fabulous, enlightening workshop! Be prepared for high energy and information that can be transferred into school setting immediately!”
M. Strahan, Houston, TX
“The best workshops are the ones where a teacher walks away with ready-to-implement strategies. Everybody at this workshop has a tone of useful strategies that can be implemented immediately.” M. Gamboa, San Antonio, TX
If you want to succeed everyday with your students, you need the inside principles of how the brain really works. In this incomparable workshop, you will unlock and activate the brain’s 15 most powerful learning and behavioral rules, unknown to most educators. You’ll learn to teach with, not against, how the brain naturally learns. There’s a reason why it’s the #1 attended brain-based course in the world for a reason. It works! You can make a real difference. Gain confidence and lower your stress with powerful, practical learning strategies.
This workshop is an enriching, high energy, research-based, team-working experience, not a lecture.
The heart and soul of this program is joyful immersion. Learn with like-minded people, in an optimal environment, with state-of-the-art resources and a first-class facilitator. You can expect inspiration, camaraderie and potent ideas that will last for years.
Intended for All K-12 Teachers and Adult Educators
This remarkable 6-day, hands-on, experiential training explores both how the brain learns and the specific, practical applications of that knowledge. This program reveals powerful information, paired with usable skills and action steps. Enjoy the week with Eric Jensen using a variety of learning techniques: video, guest speakers, brainstorming, lecture, paired sharing, field trips and reflection.
Brain research applied to education is no longer an experiment. It’s been a trend for over 20 years and it’s not going away. You can add this exciting new content into your skill set or fall behind while your students, the new research and latest technology pass you by. Join the ranks of innovators!
YOUR REGISTRATION GIVES YOU:
- 40 hours of differentiated, idea-packed, quality instruction
- Priceless networking directory. Get countless connections for support in the field.
Learn from others and gain support
- Idea-packed notebook –practical and full of references.
- Morning and afternoon beverages –Coffee and juice included in the morning,
soft drinks and snacks in the afternoon. You are on your own for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Signed certificate of attendance shows you attended and participated.
- Guest speaker…Learn directly from the neuroscientists
DAILY PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
June 17-22nd in San Antonio, TX
Monday 8:00 – 8:30 Registration
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Saturday only 8:30am – Noon
What is Brain-Based Learning?
Not 1 in 100 Educators REALLY Knows!
Unfortunately, most educators think brain-based learning is simply knowing about axons, dendrites and synapses. That’s “old school” and it’s ridiculous! Brain-based learning is the process of thoughtfully implementing purposeful strategies based on research derived from a synergy of sizzling cutting-edge disciplines. They include, but are not limited to: cognitive neuroscience, chemistry, nutrition, social neurosciences, biology, pharmacology, computational sciences, quantum systems thinking, and artificial intelligence modeling.
More has been discovered about the brain and mind in the last 20 years than in all of recorded history. Yet, 99% of the teachers have no clear understanding of how the brain learns, remembers and behaves except on a superficial basis. Sadly, this lack of knowledge leaves the average educator with an education formulated in, and designed for, the last century. But there’s hope.
When you attend a Jensen Learning program, you’ll discover the genuine “Brain-Based Learning” in a completely new way. Why? Your presenter, Eric Jensen, is a twenty-year veteran of the brain-based field. He’s trained more people, written more books and innovated more than anyone in the field. Second, every principle, every idea and strategy is role-modeled so you can see it, hear it and feel HOW it works.
This program is literally, teaching with the brain in mind. It is purposeful, dynamic and easy to implement. The scientific, research-based teaching that BBL advocates involves the use of ten fundamental brain-mind principles. Each of these has been well supported by rigorous, quality scientific studies. These principles are revealed to you through activities, case study, lectures, video and discussion. Each of these principles is so powerful, that implementing even half of them will make a mind-blowing difference in your work. But don’t take my word for it. Listen to what one of our participants has said…
“This is a workshop all teachers should be required to attend! Understanding how kids learn will have a huge impact on how I teach.”
L. Allen, Marshfield, MO
This program is a dynamic overview of Eric Jensen’s newly revised book Teaching with the Brain in Mind. This course provides specific, practical brain-compatible strategies for all educators. All teachers influence their students. Now you can discover what it takes for students to acquire complex learning and achieve their best. You’ll want to learn these essential rules for how our brain works.
By the way, have you decided to attend yet? I hope so. In your career, you get back from it what you put into it. What other investment could you make that will accelerate your career into the 21st century? Can you afford to go? It’s more a case of “Can you afford NOT to go?” Read this true story…
“I took your 6-day Brain-Based Learning workshop a few summers ago in San Antonio. I was blown away. My wife said I couldn’t stop talking each night about what I had learned that day. I was so much anticipating going back to the classroom and applying what I was learning. I had read some of your books and utilized the ideas in the past, but being in the workshop was such a shot in the arm. My enthusiasm skyrocketed. It was easy applying the ideas to my classes. The kids would tell you it made a difference!” G. Kubina, Mobile, AL
If you’ve read this far, you KNOW it’s for you. And besides, it’s risk-free. You’ve got a satisfaction or money back guarantee. So, go for it, before the workshop is filled & you have to wait another year. Your future is important and this may insure its success.
To Your Success,
Eric Jensen, President, Jensen Learning
P.S. This workshop is especially powerful for you if your school’s not performing up to standards. Why? Because you’ll get the powerhouse tools you need the most to help create a school-wide turnaround. The reason your kids aren’t achieving is simple… If you’re not teaching in ways that work WITH instead of AGAINST the brain, learning goes down. Learn how to foster optimal learning. Come to the workshop, bring your supervisor, principal, colleagues, even a policy-maker! But register soon, the word’s out already.
P.P.S. Regarding the upcoming workshop, did I mention that when you register 5 or more from your school attend, you save 10% on each ticket! Just as important, more staff increases your chances of implementation.
Simply register online. And, do it today, before it fills up and you have to wait another year!
Oh, by the way, listen to what another participant said…
“Heartedly encourage & recommend to others. The brain & learning is what we should consider first, before implementing 21st century skills, or any other pedagogy.”
C. Barrington, Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
P.P.P.S. Do it now. This course gets better every year and the revised program is guaranteed to be the very best ever. Join us for a great 6 days. Complete the registration below and get started today. You’ll be glad you did!